13 - 15 Jul 2018
Escarpment Wine Weekend
- Kauri Cliffs
Twenty years of vineyard passion in the bottle with "Prince of Pinot” Larry McKenna
Wine lovers will want to mark this date in the diary as New Zealand’s renowned and respected pinot noir winemaker Larry McKenna hosts a wine weekend at The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs, July 13-15, 2018.
The Escarpment vineyard in Martinborough was first planted by McKenna in 1998, so this year marks 20 years in the making of some of the very best expressions of Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris and Chardonnay from new world wine regions.
Larry's insights into the past two decades of vintages, styles and more will be a fascinating experience for fans of his wines.
Larry McKenna (or Larry McPinot to his mates) has been Director and Winemaker for Escarpment Wines on Martinborough’s Te Muna Terraces since 1999. It has been his aim to continually produce the very best of tomorrow’s definitive new world wines. The opportunity to look back and taste with this legend of Pinot at Kauri Cliffs is not to be missed.
Apart from the fabulous wine, food, and fun, guests can enjoy the lodge’s many leisure pursuits, including choosing either a day of unlimited green fees or a complimentary 50 minute spa treatment at the beautiful Spa at Kauri Cliffs.
July 13, 2018
July 14, 2018
July 14, 2018
July 15, 2018
EVENT RATE INCLUSIONS
- Two nights’ suite accommodation at The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs
- Friday night welcome drinks featuring a welcome by the winemaker Larry McKenna
- Pre-dinner drinks and canapes, full daily breakfast and complimentary non-alcoholic mini-bar
- A la carte Gourmet dinner on Friday and Wine Options Game
- Tutored tasting on Saturday featuring highlights of two decades of Escarpment
- Escarpment Wine dinner on Saturday night, including Barry Frith’s tasting menu and Escarpment pairings
- Guest's choice of a day of unlimited green fees OR a 50 minute spa treatment per person per stay
NZ $1750.00 + GST
per person, based on double occupancy